A well-managed working environment makes people happier in their work. As a result, they’re more productive. And your building works better for your users.
The most effective approach to facilities management starts even before the building is built or refurbished, at the design and specification stage.
Using the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) techniques makes long-term management more transparent and efficient. Read more about BAM's BIM4FM offerings here.
What makes for successful facilities management?
Quite simply, the knowledge that your buildings are in safe hands. We look after your buildings, so that you can look after your business.
Successful FM starts with an in-depth understanding of your users, your needs and your budgets. It is virtually transparent to your building users. If they do come into contact with it, it has to be a positive experience. Their problem solved. Their environment improved.
It’s not just about performance indicators and service standards, it’s about how people feel the building is being run. Perception is just as strong as KPIs.
That’s why there’s no substitute for being there, on the ground. Using in-house resources means we can directly manage services and operations to achieve consistently high levels of quality.
Ultimately, it's about the relationship you develop with us over the long term. Our aim? To be consultative, professional and ultra-responsive.
Because we develop and manage our own portfolio of properties, we’re in a unique position to understand what good facilities management really means in the life of a building and its users.
What makes the real difference?
- Capable, competent and confident people – from a variety of backgrounds working in multi-disciplinary team – for a comprehensive response to specific needs
- Excellent systems and processes, with an emphasis on sharing best practice, backed up by state-of-the-art computer-aided facilities management systems
- A focus on health, safety and the environment: zero harm, low impact, carefully monitored, continuously improving…
- Regular reviews and audits by external bodies.
What can we offer?
Helping our customers manage their facilities effectively over the long term demands an integrated approach. We call it iFM.
- Hard services to support the fabric of the building and the full range of technologies used to run it.
- Soft services from cleaning, catering and landscaping to security and fire risk assessment
- Sector-specific understanding.
We work with you to explore all the vital elements of facilities management: from procurement, contracts and commercial elements, to regulatory compliance and users' expectations. And then we go the extra mile by giving advice on facility-related legislative issues, evaluation and benchmarking.
BAM provides seamless national coverage through our network of local offices, with a very responsive and skilled mobile workforce.
Where we need access to a wider range of services, we can tap into a range of capabilities from across our business, including
- Project management
- Energy and utilities management
- Building lifecycle management
- Estates and facilities management consultancy.
We are now a RICS regulated company